- Truly nested data-parallelism: compiling SaC for the Microgrid architecture
- 21st International Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL 2009), South Orange, NJ, USA
- Book/source title
- Draft proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL 2009)
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
Data-parallel programming facilitates elegant specification of concurrency. However, the composability of data-parallel operations so far has been constrained by the requirement to have only at data- parallel operation at runtime. In this paper, we present early results on our work to exploit hardware support for nested concurrency to directly map nested data-parallel operations in high-level specifications to low- level codes that can be efficiently executed. To this effect, we have devised a compilation scheme from data-parallel operations in SaC to the systems programming language of the Microgrid architecture. Furthermore, we present early empirical results to assert the viability of our approach.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.