- Concurrency engineering with S-Net
- 15. Kolloquium Programmiersprachen und Grundlagen der Programmierung (KPS'09), Maria Taferl, Austria
- Book/source title
- 15. Kolloquium Programmiersprachen und Grundlagen der Programmierung (KPS'09): Maria Taferl, 12.-14. Oktober 2009
- Pages (from-to)
- Wien: Institut für Computersprachen
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
We present the design of S-Net, a coordination language and component technology based on stream processing. S-Net boxes integrate existing sequential code as stream-processing components into highly asynchronous concurrent streaming networks. Their construction is based on algebraic formulae built out of four network combinators. S-Net achieves a near-complete separation of concerns between application code, written in a conventional programming language, and coordination code, written in S-Net itself. Subtyping on the level of boxes and networks and a tailor-made inheritance mechanism achieve flexible software reuse.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.