- A color based rangefinder for an omnidirectional camera
- 2009 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2009), St. Louis, MO, USA
- Book/source title
- The 2009 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems: IROS 2009, October 11 - 15, 2009, Louis, USA
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- This paper proposes a method to use the omnidirectional camera as a rangefinder by using color detection. The omnicam rangefinder has been tested in USARSim for its accuracy and for its practical use to build maps of the environment. The results of the test shows that an omnidirectional camera can be used to accurately estimate distances to obstacles and to create maps of unknown environment.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.