- Provenance tracking and querying in the ViroLab Virtual Laboratory
- 8th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2008), Lyon, France
- Book/source title
- CCGRID 2008: Eighth IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid: proceedings: 19-22 May, 2008, Lyon, France
- Pages (from-to)
- Los Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
We present an approach to provenance tracking and querying which enables end-users to construct complex queries over provenance records. The use of ontologies for modeling provenance, data and applications enables query construction in an end-user oriented manner, i.e. by using terms of the scientific domain familiar to end users, instead of complex query languages. In addition, our ontologies contain mappings to underlying data models and sources. This allows to construct queries over provenance which additionally explore the structure of data items in the provenance records (e.g. experiment input or output data), combining requests to provenance and data repositories.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.