- New and old outbursts of IGR J17379-3747 ( = XTE J1737-376)
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- In Feb-March 2004, scans of the galactic bulge region by RXTE PCA detected a new excess. At the time, position scans were done, with the resulting best fit position of RA, Dec = 264.4606, -37.6605 (J2000), with a position error radius of 4 arcmin (95% confidence). The outburst in 2004 lasted from approximately 2004-02-14 through 2004-03-23, with peak fluxes of 6 mCrab (2-10 keV). At the time, we designated the source XTE J1737-376.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.