J. in 't Zand
- RXTE confirms persistent activity of burster IGR J17473-2721
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Following reports of bursting activity of IGR J17473-2721 (= XTE J1747-274) by the AGILE team (Del Monte et al., ATEL #1445) and from Swift (Altamirano et al., ATEL #1459), we note that RXTE PCA monitoring scans of the source also reveal persistent activity. Scans on 2008-03-28 at 18:50 UT and 2008-03-31 at 15:10 UT found 2-10 keV fluxes of about 13 and 18 mCrab, respectively. Previous scans are consistent with quiescent level (with 2-sigma upper limits ~6 mCrab).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.