A. von Kienlin
- INTEGRAL hard X-ray detection of HMXB GX 304-1 and H 1417-624
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We report on the first detection of the Be star HMXBs GX 304-1 and H 1417-624 above 20 keV with the IBIS/ISGRI X-ray imager on board INTEGRAL. From 2008-06-24 to 2008-07-09, INTEGRAL performed monitoring observations of the Galactic plane around l=305 degrees for a total exposure time of 352 ksec. GX 304-1 was detected in all spacecraft revolutions, and shows brightening with time. H 1417-624 was detected only in revolution 699 and 700 (2008-07-04 to 2008-07-09).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.