- Near-IR and optical observations of the ongoing outburst of SAX J1808.4-3658
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Following the report of a new outburst of the accreting millisecond pulsar SAX J1808.4-3658 by Markwardt and Swank (ATel #1728), the source was observed using the CTIO/SMARTS 1.3m telescope on MJD 54732.0998, in I- and H- bands. We clearly detected the source at magnitudes significantly higher than its quiescent level, confirming that the source is indeed in outburst.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.