- Recent activity of the Rapid Burster (MXB 1730-335)
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Observations taken as part of the INTEGRAL Galactic bulge monitoring program (see ATel #1385) on 2008, February 23 13:32-17:13 (UT) showed bursting activity from the X-ray transient, the Rapid Burster (MXB 1730-335). During one of the 1800-sec pointings when the source was in the field- of-view of JEM-X a series of 6 X-ray bursts were observed, once every 250-350 sec, with durations of 30-60 sec and peak fluxes of about 0.6-0.9 Crab (3-10 keV).