- Swift detection of the second period derivative in the timing evolution of SGR0501+4516
- The astronomer's telegram
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The Swift satellite has been monitoring SGR0501+4516 (ATel #1676, #1677, #1678, #1682, #1683, #1688, #1691, #1692 and #1824) since the first burst detected by the BAT on board Swift on 22nd August 2008. After about two months since the BAT event, we detect an additional component with respect to the phase-coherent timing solution previously reported which included only the period and its first time derivative (ATel #1692; P=5.7620699(4)s and Pdot=5(1) x 10^-12 s/s; 1 sigma uncertainties).