- Future perfect: Optimal observing and data reduction strategies
- Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- This paper describes a new workflow for defining the observation process from initial application through to data reduction.
It aims to optimize the time on target for each observation, enabling an observatory to perform more science. It also aims
to improve the quality of decision making by ensuring an expert determines each parameter.
We also describe a new science product, the instrument function, which is normally left out of most data packages.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Observatory operations: Strategies, processes, and systems II: 24-26 May, 2008, Marseille, France
Place of publication: Bellingham, WA
Editors: R.J. Brissenden, D.R. Silva
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.