- AGB mass-loss variations: What can we learn from (sub)millimetre observations?
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific conference series
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- It is generally acknowledged that the mass loss of Asymptotic Giant Branch (AGB) stars undergoes variations on different time scales. We address here the question of the influence of these variations on the spectral energy distribution (SED) of these sources. We therefore constructed models for the dust envelopes for a sample of AGB stars. From the analysis of these dust models, two indications for the presence of mass-loss variations can be found.
- Proceedings title: Mass loss from stars and the evolution of stellar clusters: Proceedings of a workshop held at Lunteren,
the Netherlands, 29 May-1 June 2006
Publisher: Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP)
Place of publication: San Francisco, CA
Editors: A. de Koter, L.J. Smith, L.B.F.M. Waters
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.