D. de Kramer
- Students discussing their mathematical ideas: Group-tests and mind-maps
- Childrens' Mathematical Education (CME 2008), Iwonicz-Zdrój, Poland
- Book/source title
- Supporting independent thinking through mathematical education
- Pages (from-to)
- Rzeszów: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
- In an explorative research project, teachers experimented with new ideas to make their students discuss (i.e. show, explain, justify and reconstruct their work) their mathematical ideas with each other. Two kind of special tasks were developed: group tests and mind maps. Also, the role of the teacher was studied in order to evoke discussions between students. In this workshop, tasks and results will be presented, experienced and discussed.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.