J. van der Pol
- A descriptive model of teacher communities
- Sixth International Conference on Networked Learning (NLC 2008), Halkidiki, Greece
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Networked Learning
- Pages (from-to)
- Lancaster: Lancaster University
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Research Institute of Child Development and Education (RICDE)
In this paper we develop an innovative model for the development of teacher communities by using existing literature on communities in general and by looking at the specific contexts and characteristics of teaching communities in particular. The model relates different stages of development of teacher communities to different dimensions of their external and internal characteristics. We will furthermore use this model to develop measuring instruments that can be used to give an accurate view on a particular teacher community and its development and to offer information how to facilitate the teacher community.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.