P. van den Besselaar
- Human choice and ICT policy: Introduction to the HCC8 Conference proceedings
- Eighth International Conference on Human Choice and Computers (HCC8), Pretoria, South Africa
- Book/source title
- Social dimensions of information and communication technology policy: Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Human Choice and Computers (HCC8), IFIP TC 9, Pretoria, South Africa, September 25-26, 2008
- Pages (from-to)
- New York, NY: Springer
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
Since its launching in 1974, the Human Choice and Computers (HCC) series of conferences of the IFIP Technical Committee 9 (TC9)1 has provided a forum for the study of the multiple facets of the dynamics of social change associated with information and communication technologies (ICTs). These conferences have captured the unfolding hopes and concerns about the interplay between the technologies we construct and our personal lives, organisations, and social institutions. Whether the message voiced by individual authors is optimistic and positive about the emerging socio-technical arrangements or worrying and critical, the "human choice" concept has always been pivotal in the discussions of the HCC conferences.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.