- An optimal adaptive wavelet method without coarsening of the iterands
- Mathematics of Computation
- Volume | Issue number
- 76 | 258
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- In this paper, an adaptive wavelet method for solving linear operator equations is constructed that is a modification of the method from [Math. Comp, 70 (2001), pp. 27-75] by Cohen, Dahmen and DeVore, in the sense that there is no recurrent coarsening of the iterands. Despite this, it will be shown that the method has optimal computational complexity. Numerical results for a simple model problem indicate that the new method is more efficient than an existing alternative adaptive wavelet method.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.