W.M. de Vos
- High-level folate production in fermented foods by the B12 producer Lactobacillus reuteri JCM1112
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Volume | Issue number
- 74 | 10
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS)
- We observed that Lactobacillus reuteri JCM1112 produces B12 and folate. However, the folate/B12 mass ratio found was far below that desired for human consumption (~170:1). We used metabolic engineering applying genetic and physiological approaches to improve this ratio and developed a generic and natural process that significantly increases folate production.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.