- Mathematical knowledge is context-dependent
- Grazer Philosophische Studien
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We argue that mathematical knowledge is context dependent. Our main argument is that on pain of distorting mathematical practice, one must analyse the notion of having available a proof, which supplies justification in mathematics, in a context dependent way.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.