- Access to archival finding aids: Context matters
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- We detail the design of a search engine for archival finding aids based on an XML database system. The resulting system shows results—which can vary in granularity from individual archival items to the whole fonds—within the context of the archive. The presentation preserves the archival structure by providing important contextual information, and all individual results can be "clicked", warping the user to the full finding aid with the selected part in focus.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Research and advanced technology for digital libraries: 12th European conference, ECDL 2008, Aarhus, Denmark,
September 14-19, 2008: proceedings
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: B. Christensen-Dalsgaard, D. Castelli, B.A. Jurik, J. Lippincott
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.