- Web-based versus lab-based studies: A response to Kendall (2008)
- Empirical Musicology Review
- Volume | Issue number
- 3 | 2
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- While in an earlier commentary (Honing & Ladinig, 2008) we stressed the potential of Web-delivered experiments for music perception research, the ongoing discussion on Web-based versus lab-based studies seems to circle around issues of method and control (Mehler, 1999; Kendall, 2008). We agree with the importance of these issues from a methodological point of view. However, we continue to stress that these issues are not essentially different for Web-based as compared to lab-based studies.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.