- How important is homeland education for refugees' economic position in the Netherlands?
- Journal of Population Economics
- Volume | Issue number
- 22 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR)
- We use data on refugees admitted to The Netherlands that include registration of education in their homeland by immigration
officers. Such data are seldom available. We investigate the quality and reliability of the registrations and then use them
to assess effects on refugees’ economic position during the first 5 years after arrival. The most remarkable finding is the
absence of returns to higher
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.