- Multi-scale modeling with cellular automata: The complex automata approach
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- Cellular Automata are commonly used to describe complex natural phenomena. In many cases it is required to capture the multi-scale nature of these phenomena. A single Cellular Automata model may not be able to efficiently simulate a wide range of spatial and temporal scales. It is our goal to establish a Cellular Automata modeling paradigm for multi-scale processes. Here we will demonstrate that Complex Automata, a paradigm that we recently introduced, are capable to facilitate such modeling.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Cellular Automata: 8th International Conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry, ACRI 2008,
Yokohama, Japan, September 23-26, 2008: Proceedings
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: H. Umeo, S. Morishita, K. Nishinari, T. Komatsuzaki, S. Bandini
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.