E.J. van den Brandhof
P. van Beelen
E. van der Grinten
- Ecological quality assessment of Dutch surface waters using a new bioassay with the cladoceran Chydorus sphaericus
- Proceedings of the Netherlands Entomological Society Meeting
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
Routine chemical monitoring gives insight in the presence of contaminants in surface waters, but not in their joint ecological effects. Therefore ecological water quality is assessed with bioassays. Recently, a new bioassay using the chydorid Chydorus sphaericus has been developed. Working with smaller volumes, materials and being less time consuming than the traditional Daphnia magna test regarding the culture and experimental design, the 'Chydotox-test' shows a comparable sensitivity. The new Chydotox-test is a promising alternative for the existing Daphnia sp. acute immobilisation test (OECD 1984).
- Publisher: Nederlandse Entomologische Vereniging (NEV)
Place of publication: Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.