- Multimodal indexing of digital audio-visual documents: A case study for cultural heritage data
- Sixth International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI 2008), London, UK
- Book/source title
- 2008 International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing: CBMI 2008: conference proceedings: 18-20 June, 2008, London, UK
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This paper describes a multimedia multimodal information access sub-system (MIAS) for digital audio-visual documents, typically presented in streaming media format. The system is designed to provide both professional and general users with entry points into video documents that are relevant to their information needs. In this work, we focus on the information needs of multimedia specialists at a Dutch cultural heritage institution with a large multimedia archive. A quantitative and qualitative assessment is made of the efficiency of search operations using our multimodal system and it is demonstrated that MIAS significantly facilitates information retrieval operations when searching within a video document.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.