M. de Rijke
- Personal vs non-personal blogs: Initial classification experiments
- 31st Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2008), Singapore
- Book/source title
- ACM SIGIR 2008: Thirty-first Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 20-24 July 2008, Singapore: Proceedings
- Pages (from-to)
- New York, NY: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We address the task of separating personal from non-personal blogs, and report on a set of baseline experiments where we compare the performance on a small set of features across a set of five classifiers. We show that with a limited set of features a performance of up to 90% can be obtained.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.