- Simple and efficient visual gaze estimation
- First International Workshop on Multimodal Interactions Analysis of Users a Controlled Environment (MIAUCE), Chania, Greece
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Multimodal Interactions Analysis of Users in a Controlled Environment (MIAUCE)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
In this paper we combine a state of the art eye center locator and a new eye corner locator into a system which estimates the visual gaze of a user in a controlled environment (e.g. sitting in front of a screen). In order to reduce to a minimum the computational costs, the eye corner locator is built upon the same technology of the eye center locator, tweaked for the specific task. If high mapping precision is not a priority of the application, we claim that the system can achieve acceptable accuracy without the requirements of additional dedicated hardware. We believe that this could bring new gaze based methodologies for human-computer interactions into the mainstream.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.