- Accessing the ANW dictionary
- 22nd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (Coling 2008)
- Book/source title
- 22nd International Conference on Computational Linguistics. Proceedings of the Workshop on Cognitive Aspects of the Lexicon
- Pages (from-to)
- Brighton, UK: One Digital
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication (ACLC)
- This paper describes the functional design of an interface for an online scholarly dictionary of contemporary standard Dutch,
the ANW. One of the main innovations of the ANW is a twofold meaning description: definitions are accompanied by ‘semagrams’.
In this paper we focus on the strategies that are available for accessing information in the dictionary and
the role semagrams play in the dictionary practice.
- Invited lecture