- Black hole bound states and their quantization
- International Journal of Modern Physics A
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- We briefly review the construction of multi-centered black hole solutions in type IIA string theory. We then discuss a decoupling limit which embeds these solutions in M-theory on AdS(3) x S-2 x CY, and discuss some aspects of their dual CFT interpretation. Finally, we consider the quantization of these solutions and applications to the wall-crossing formula and the "fuzzball" proposal.
- go to publisher's site
- Preprint of an article submitted for consideration in International Journal of Modern Physics A, © 2008 World Scientific Publishing
Proceedings title: Proceedings of the International Conference on Progress of String Theory and Quantum Field Theory, Osaka City University, 7-10 December 2007
Publisher: World Scientific
Place of publication: Singapore
Editors: K. Fujiwara, H. Itoyama, S. Kawamoto, H. Kihara, T. Oota, M. Sakaguchi, T. Takayanagi, Y. Yasui
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.