- Creating a bird-eye view map using an omnidirectional camera
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- An omnidirectional camera has properties which are highly beneficial for navigation of a mobile robot. In this paper this is demonstrated with a new application; a visual map of the environment created from bird-eye view perspective. This visual map can be created on-line, which allows an operator to navigate the robot through an unknown environment based on this visual map. The quality of the map is tested in a self-localization experiment.
- Proceedings title: BNAIC 2008: Belgian-Dutch Conference on Artificial Intelligence: proceedings of the twentieth Belgian-Dutch
Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Enschede, October 30-31, 2008
Publisher: Universiteit Twente, Faculteit Elektrotechniek, Wiskunde en Informatica
Place of publication: Enschede
Editors: A. Nijholt, M. Pantic, M. Poel, H. Hondorp
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.