- An architecture and protocol for the management of resources in ubiquitous and heterogeneous systems based on the SVP model of concurrency
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This paper proposes a novel hierarchical architecture and resource-management protocol for the delegation of work within a ubiquitous and heterogeneous environment. The protocol is based on serving an SVP place, where a component of work is delegated together with the responsibility for meeting any non-functional computational requirements such as deadline or throughput constraints. The protocol is based on a market where SANE processors bid for jobs to execute and selection is based on a cost model that reflects the energy required to meet the jobs requirements.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation: 8th International Workshop, SAMOS 2008,
Samos, Greece, July 21-24, 2008: proceedings
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: M. Bereković, N. Dimopoulos, S. Wong
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.