M. Klein Wolt
- RXTE/PCA observations reveal fast-transient nature of IGR J17191-2821
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- On March 3 at 14:31 UTC, the RXTE/PCA had a scan of the Galactic bulge which detected a new source, at a position which is consistent with it being IGR J17191-2821, at an intensity of 10+-1 mCrab (2-10 keV). INTEGRAL's IBIS/IGRI discovered IGR J17191-2821 (Turler et al. 2007, Atel #1021) in an average over the interval March 2, 13:22 to March 4, 05:21 UTC, which included the time or the RXTE scan.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.