M. Klein Wolt
- RXTE and Swift Discovery of the Intermittent Source XTE J1704-445
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We report the detection of an intermittent source XTE J1704-445 (hereafter J1704). This source was first detected in RXTE PCA scans of the galactic bulge and ridge regions over approximately a month. Because J1704 was near another bright source 4U 1705-440, whose variability can sometimes mask other nearby positions, it took some time to recognize J1704 as "real."
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.