- INTEGRAL detects a new outburst of MXB 0656-072
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- The recurrent X-ray transient pulsar "MXB 0656-072" (also known as XTE J0658-073, ATELs 197, 199, 200, 202, McBride et al. 2006) has begun another outburst about four years after the previous outburst in October 2003. On November 10 (MJD 54414.9, begin of Integral revolution 620) the source was first detected in ISGRI with a count rate of 6.9 +/- 0.8 counts per second between 20 and 40 keV (corresponding to 40 mCrab).
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.