- e-VLBI detection of Circinus X-1 at 1.6 and 8.4 GHz
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Following the return of Circinus X-1 to a recurrent radio flaring state (last seen in 1975 - 1985: ATel #563, #985) we have performed e-VLBI observations on the source at 1.6 and 8.4 GHz using an Australian array of radio telescopes (Parkes, ATCA, Mopra, and Hobart). e-VLBI allows rapid response to transient events and real-time analysis of VLBI data, in this case implemented by transfer of data between telescopes via optical fibres and software correlation on a PC cluster.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.