- Increased flux of HETE J1900.1-2455 detected with both Swift/XRT and RXTE/PCA
- The astronomer's telegram
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- Following the non-detection of HETE J1900.1-2455 on June 6 (ATel #1098), we find this system considerably brighter in a ~5 ksec Swift/XRT observation performed on June 10, 2007 (2:25-12:14 UT). The X-ray spectrum can be well described by an absorbed powerlaw plus blackbody model, with Nh~0.19, kT~0.16 keV and a photon index of ~2.24. The inferred 2.0-10.0 keV flux is ~2.8E-10 erg/cm2/s, which corresponds to an X-ray luminosity ~8.4E35 (d/5kpc) erg/s.