- Virtual laboratory for development and execution of biomedical collaborative applications
- IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS 2008)
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 21st IEEE international symposium on computer-based medical systems: June 17-19, 2008, Jyväskula, Finland
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Computer Society Press
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
The ViroLab Virtual Laboratory is a collaborative platform for scientists representing multiple fields of expertise while working together on common scientific goals. This environment makes it possible to combine efforts of computer scientists, virology and epidemiology experts and experienced physicians to support future advances in HIV-related research and treatment. The paper explains the challenges involved in building a modern, interorganizational platform to support science and gives an overview of solutions to these challenges. Examples of realworld problems applied in the presented environment are also described to prove the feasibility of the solution.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.