- Reflection positivity, rank connectivity, and homomorphism of graphs
- Journal of the American Mathematical Society
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- Abstract: It is shown that a graph parameter can be realized as the number of homomorphisms into a fixed (weighted) graph if and only if it satisfies two linear algebraic conditions: reflection positivity and exponential rank connectivity. In terms of statistical physics, this can be viewed as a characterization of partition functions of vertex coloring models.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.