K. van Hee
J. van der Wal
- The price of coordination in resource management
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- We propose a resource management policy that grants or refuses requests for resources based only on the request made and the number of free resources. Computations at runtime are independent of the number of active cases. The policy requires little coordination and is therefore easy to implement in workflow management systems. This policy has been shown to be successful in avoiding deadlocks. In this paper we investigate its performance characteristics.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Business process management: 3rd international conference, BPM 2005, Nancy, France, September 5-8, 2005:
Place of publication: Berlin
Editors: W.M.P. van der Aalst, B. Benatallah, F. Casati, F. Curbera
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.