- The Wiener--Ikehara theorem by complex analysis.
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
- Number of pages
- Issue number
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- Abstract: The Tauberian theorem of Wiener and Ikehara provides the most direct way to the prime number theorem. Here it is
shown how Newman's contour integration method can be adapted to establish the Wiener-Ikehara theorem. A simple special case
suffices for the PNT. But what about the twin-prime problem?
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.