M. de Rijke
- Query Formulation for Answer Projection
- Book title
- Advances in Information Retrieval: Proceedings 27th European Conference on IR Research (ECIR 2005)
- Number of pages
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We examine the effects of various query modifications on the problem of answer projection ¿ the task of retrieving documents that support a given answer to a question. We compare different techniques such as phrase searches and term weighting, and show that some models achieve significant improvements over unmodified queries.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.