- Using Wikipedia at the TREC QA Track
- Book/source title
- The Thirteenth Text Retrieval Conference (TREC 2004)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We describe our participation in the TREC 2004 Question Answering track. We provide a detailed account of the ideas underlying
our approach to the QA task, especially to the so-called ¿other¿ questions. This year we made essential use of Wikipedia,
the free online encyclopedia, both as a source of answers to factoid questions and as an importance model
to help us identify material to be returned in response to ¿other¿ questions.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.