M. de Rijke
- Hungarian Monolingual Retrieval at CLEF 2005
- Book/source title
- Working Notes for the CLEF 2005 Workshop
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
- We describe our official runs for the ad hoc monolingual task in Hungarian for CLEF 2005. We conducted experiments with four stemmers of varying impact. The experiments indicate that stemmers focusing on noun inflection are as effective as more broadly oriented stemmers, and that extensive stemming is especially beneficial for Hungarian monolingual retrieval.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.