- Consistent expectations equilibria
- Book title
- Complexity in Economic Volume I. Methodology, interacting agents and microeconomic models
- Number of pages
- Cheltenham, Northhampton: Edward Elgar Publishing
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- Complex dynamics in economics arise from nonlinear systems that do not converge to a fixed point, a limit cycle, or explode or implode exponentially due to endogenous factors. They arise from cybernetics, catastrophe theory, chaos theory, or the varieties of modern complexity theory, including models with heterogeneous, interacting agents. This major three-volume collection presents the most important papers in the area of complexity in economics.
- Reprinted from Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2, 287-321 (1998)
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.