- Superconvergence for tetrahedral quadratic finite element methods for elliptic equations
- Journal of Computational Mathematics
- Volume | Issue number
- 23 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- For a model elliptic boundary value problem we will prove that on strongly regular families of uniform tetrahedral partitions of the domain, the gradient of the quadratic finite element approximation is superclose to the gradient of the quadratic Lagrange interpolant of the exact solution. This supercloseness will be used to construct a post-processing that increases the order of approximation to the gradient in the global L2-norm.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.