J. de Plaa
- XMM-Newton Observation of the Cooling-Flow Cluster Abell 478
- Book/source title
- The Riddle of Cooling Flows in Galaxies and Clusters of galaxies
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We present the results of an XMM-Newton observation of the hot cooling-flow cluster Abell 478 performed in Guaranteed Time. Using the large effective area and high spectral resolution of XMM-Newton in the soft X-ray band, we derive the temperature profile and abundances in the cluster. We conclude that we need a multi-temperature model to fit the spectrum in the core of the cluster.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.