M. Klein Wolt
- Short-Term Radio-X-ray Correlations of Cygnus X-1
- Book/source title
- Compact Binaries in the Galaxy and Beyond
- Pages (from-to)
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We analyze simultaneous radio-X-ray data of Cygnus X-1 from the Ryle telescope (RT) and RXTE over more than 4 a. We show that apparent correlations on short time scales in the lightcurves of Cyg X-1 are probably the coincidental outcome of white noise statistics.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.