- Enhanced Optical Emission from the Crab Pulsar
- IAU Symposium no. 218
- Book/source title
- Young Neutron Stars and Their Environments, IAU Symposium
- Pages (from-to)
- Sydney, Australia
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- We have detected an enhancement in the optical emission from the Crab pulsar which is correlated with the presence of the giant radio pulses. Coincident optical pulses were found to be on average 3% brighter than those coincident with normal radio pulses. This enhancement, combined with the lack of any other pulse profile changes, indicates that both the giant radio pulses and the increased optical emission are most likely linked to an increase in the electron-positron plasma density.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.