S.F. Portegies Zwart
- AM CVn systems as optical, X-ray and GWR sources
- IAU Conference held in La Paz, Baja California Sur.
- Book/source title
- Compact Binaries in the Galaxy and Beyond
- Pages (from-to)
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
We discuss the model for the Galactic sample of the AM CVn systems with P[orb] ≤ 1500 s that can be detected in the optical and/or X-ray bands and may be resolved by the gravitational waves detector LISA. At 3 ≲P ≲ 10 min all detectable systems are X-ray sources. At P ≳ 10 min most systems are only detectable in the V-band. About 30% of the X-ray sources is also detectable in the V-band. About 10,000 AM CVn systems might be resolved by LISA; this is comparable to the number of detached double white dwarfs that can be resolved. Several hundreds of AM CVn LISA sources might be also detectable in the V- and/or X-ray bands.