- The Post-AGB Star IRAS 16342-3814
- Book/source title
- Asymmetrical Planetary Nebulae III: Winds, Structure and the Thunderbird, Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series
- Pages (from-to)
- Mt. Rainer, Washington, USA
- Volume (Publisher)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API)
- IRAS 16342-3814 is the post-AGB star with the highest velocity water outflow. It shows the reddest infrared spectrum of any post-AGB star, with crystalline dust features in absorption out to 45mum. The object is strongly bipolar. Here we discuss the OH velocity field and the dust composition. The combination of extreme properties suggest a relation between a dense torus and a fast polar flow.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.