R.W.M. van Soest
- Hyrtiosenolides A and B, Two New Sesquiterpene gamma-Methoxybutenolides and a New Sterol from a Red Sea Sponge Hyrtios Species
- Journal of natural products
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
- Two new sesquiterpene c-methoxybutenolides, hyrtiosenolides A (1) and B (2), together with
a new 4R-methyl polyoxygenated steroid, hyrtiosterol (3), were isolated from a Red Sea sponge, Hyrtios species. Their structures were elucidated by analysis of their 1D and 2D NMR spectra and HRFABMS. Compounds 1 and 2 showed weak antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.